Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Edwards Problem

Not good.

I have a family member with that form of cancer that has been fighting it for about 4 years successfully. It is incurable because it lurks in the bone and then attacks somewhere else in the body as a new malignancy. They have new types of treatments involving hormones, though, that can really lengthen life expectancy beyond the (I think) 3-4 years it was just a few years ago.

I don't like John Edwards. He's a glorified ambulance chaser who practices class warfare, but no one should have to put up with the tragedies that have befallen him in his personal life.

He and Elizabeth Edwards have a long, difficult road ahead of them as it is even without his continued campaigning. I pray that they defy the odds and have a long and happy personal life.

P.S. I think a nice gesture would be for anyone donating to any of the 2008 candidates also make a donation to the American Cancer Society in Mrs. Edwards name or the name of anyone you know who has suffered from cancer.

4 comments:

Becky C. said...

I think that is a nice sentiment and you are to be commended. But, I also think people out to take a look at what this says about Edwards.



I have remarked before that I would not judge people until I was appointed the almighty moral authority of the Universe.

But when their own words do it for them--then I point it out.

Edwards said repeatedly before he jumped in that he would not get into the campaign unless his wife got a clean bill of health (see my blog for cites). She did and he jumped in. That is the honorable thing to do.

But, now it seems things have changed a bit--and it shows a character I have seen before--the guy sucks.

~Becky

Gonzo said...

Yeah, I know. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on continuing his campaign in light of the news.

And I agree, he sucks and sucks badly.

Gonzo said...

I think you are being hard on Beck y. Edwards is indeed going against what he has said previously. That being said, I agree that Elizabeth probably has told him to continue on.

I have no love for Edwards ever since that lesbian trick he pulled on Cheney in the 2004 debates. But no one deserves the burdens he has.

Garrett said...

"Lesbian trick"? Oh, you mean pointing out that he was opposing equal rights for his own daughter?