Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Olbermann's Crutch

More from the WSJ's opinionjournal.com. They were particularly snarky today:

Worst Person in the World: 5-Year-Old Suzie!

From a New York magazine profile of MSNBC's Keith Olbermann:

It probably won't come as much of a surprise that when Keith Olbermann was a kid, he got the tar kicked out of him on a regular basis. And not by the football team. "I got beat up by girls all the time," says Olbermann. "They literally posted a sign-up sheet and would take turns. I think that's why I've always been such a fan of Mencken's line, 'Afflict the comfortable and comfort the afflicted.' I've been afflicted."

Olbermann's affliction began at age 5 . . .

It's been said that a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged by reality. Apparently a liberal is someone who's been mugged by little girls.

5 comments:

Garrett said...

Ok, John, I'll bite: who mugged me?

Or Susan?

Or David?

SeattleSusieQ said...

>>It's been said that a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged by reality. Apparently a liberal is someone who's been mugged by little girls.<<

The actual statement is:
A conservative is a liberal who's been mugged and a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested.

Gonzo said...

Umm, no one, Garrett. Read the quote again.

And I don't know where you get that, Suz.

My favorite is the Churchill quote when asked why he switched parties (paraphrased - I can't recall the original):

"If a young man is not a liberal he has no heart; if an older man is not a conservative he has no brain"

SeattleSusieQ said...

mine was a joke.

Garrett said...

>>Ok, John, I'll bite: who mugged me?
>Umm, no one, Garrett. Read the quote again.

Ok....

"Apparently a liberal is someone who's been mugged by little girls."

I read it. Your point?