Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Where's the Indignation?

In my earlier post, I think I proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Frost family doesn't have health insurance for their family because of personal choices and priorities.

The Democratic Party could have, to protest Bush's veto, found an honest-to-God needy family to deliver their message. Instead, they chose a family who is - apparently - politically active and more than capable of buying health insurance.

I call on my progressive friends on this blog to show some principles. Where is your outrage? Doesn't coverage for the truly needy, not just needy by choice, deserve more than a cheap political trick?

Don't you realize that an honest assessment of what the truly poor need is subverted by shit like this?

Update:

More here to really frost your ass if you truly care.

Where is your outrage????

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the family couldn't afford insurance. Or maybe they were just rejected. Of course, the medical bills are outrageously high for someone with this poor kids condition. But your sources (as usual) are nothing but conservative tabloid trash.

NY Times story...

Anonymous said...

Gee, well looky here. It appears that Senator McConnell was behind this whole smear campaign form the beginning. This whole thing stinks or Republican BS!!! Story...

Gonzo said...

How on Earth did evil conservatives change the tax records for the City of Baltimore?

Them's da facts, jack, regardless of who pointed it out.

Deal with it.

Gonzo said...

Hunter, I hate to "pile on" but did you bother to notice that, with one exception, are to non-political sites like tax records and anonymous health insurance quotes?

Of course not....you'd rather cry "foul". Show me some factual sites that refute the information in those links.

You can't can you? I expect no reply, you can eat crow in private.

Garrett said...

"Anonymous health-care quotes" are complete bullshit when you bring in pre-existing conditions, Gonz, and you know it.

Turn your brain on, will you?

(And think about who else you know who has 2 kids and has trouble paying his bills before going too far out on this guy.)

Gonzo said...

Pre-existing conditions generally affect whether or not they'd be accepted, not the premium.

I know of whom you speak and I'm also a guy with 2 kids making much less than I used to and struggling, too. This is why this guy pisses me off. He tinkers around woodworking with very little income when it's obvious the family needs to boost their wherewithal.

I mean, would you send Donna for a $30K job so that you could sit at home with a failed business making about $10K at home? No, Garrett, you're like me, you do what it takes so thsat your children have the best you can provide.

I mean, I have no problems with SCHIP for these folks as a stopgap until the income picks up. But to make it a permanent entitlement?
Don't you see where I am coming from in all this?